Bank of Italy - home pageVai alla versione italiana Site Search
Speeches and Interviews
The Bank in pictures
Survey on Household Income and Wealth - 2020
June 2021 - June 2022
- Euro area
Second quarter 2022 - First quarter 2022
- Euro area
date: 10 August 2022
ECB interest rates
As of 27 July 2022
- Main refinancing operations
On 19 April 2022, the Council of the European Union issued a Recommendation inviting Member States to put in place national schemes to support the conversion of hryvnia bills for displaced persons from Ukraine.
The regulatory sandbox is a controlled environment where supervised entities and FinTech operators will be able to test, for a limited period of time, technologically innovative products and services in the banking, financial and insurance sectors.
As national supervisor, the Bank of Italy also provides services directly to the public: it handles complaints, runs the technical secretariats for the Banking and Financial Ombudsman and publishes information on individuals or companies not authorized to carry out banking or financial activities in Italy and other more general notices and communications.
'Online Services for the Public' is the platform that makes it possible to access certain Bank of Italy services via your smartphone, tablet or personal computer. Use this link or go to the section 'Services for the Public' and click on 'Online Services'. You can then select the service you are interested in.
The FinTech Channel is the point of contact through which operators can dialogue easily and informally with the Bank of Italy. They can present projects in the field of financial services and of payments, based on innovative technology, or propose technological solutions designed for banks and financial intermediaries.
The Bank's geographical organization consists of Branches located in the regional capitals and in some provincial capitals. The Branches' activities relate to the State treasury service, banking and financial supervision, banknote circulation, payment system and economic analysis and statistical surveys at the local level.
The Bank of Italy shares its knowledge and experience with the central banks and financial authorities of the emerging countries, supplying staff training activities and technical consultancy.
By making its art collection available on its website the Bank of Italy offers the general public the opportunity to view and admire the most important works in its possession. The precious and varied collection has been built up over time through numerous purchases and today it covers a vast time span and many geographical areas.
Economics for everyone is the Bank of Italy's Financial Education portal. It is much easier to learn how to manage money and make financial choices.
- 12 August Statistics Italy - International tourism Rome
- 16 August Statistics Central government debt Rome
- 16 August Publications The Financial Market Rome
- 16 August Publications The Public Finances, Borrowing Requirement and Debt Rome
- 16 August Statistics General government gross debt Rome
- 19 August Publications Balance of payments and International Investment Position Rome
- 22 August Statistics Italy's international reserves and foreign currency liquidity Rome
- 26 August Statistics Italian contribution to euro-area monetary aggregates and Summary data on Monetary Financial Institutions resident in Italy Rome
- 31 August Statistics Banks and Financial Institutions: Financing and Funding by Sector and Geographical Area - Monthly Tables Rome