Bank of Italy - home pageVai alla versione italiana Site Search
The Bank of Italy in pictures
Discover the €50 banknote
The new €50 banknote will start circulating on 4 April 2017. It is the fourth banknote of the Europa series and follows the new €5, €10 and €20 notes, which have already been issued. The new series includes new and enhanced security features which offer better protection against counterfeiting.
May 2017 - May 2016
- Euro area
First quarter 2017 - Fourth quarter 2016
- Euro area
date: 26 Jun 2017
ECB interest rates
As of 16 March 2016
- Main refinancing operations
All of the Bank of Italy’s Annual Reports are now online from its first financial year in 1894 to date. The first English translation dates from 1923.
In compliance with Ruling 216/2015 of Italy’s Constitutional Court, which declared unlawful the bringing forward of the deadline for terminating the redemption of lira banknotes from 28 February 2012 to 6 December 2011 (Article 6 of Decree Law 201/2011, converted into Law 214/2011), on 22 January 2016, the Bank of Italy began lira-euro exchange operations at its branches.
The Bank's geographical organization consists of Branches located in the regional capitals and in some provincial capitals. The Branches' activities relate to the State treasury service, banking and financial supervision, banknote circulation, payment system and economic analysis and statistical surveys at the local level.
The Bank of Italy shares its knowledge and experience with the central banks and financial authorities of the emerging countries, supplying staff training activities and technical consultancy.
By making its art collection available on its website the Bank of Italy offers the general public the opportunity to view and admire the most important works in its possession. The precious and varied collection has been built up over time through numerous purchases and today it covers a vast time span and many geographical areas.
- 30 June Statistics The Statistical Bulletin - Monthly Tables Rome
- 30 June Press releases €-coin: June 2017 Rome
- 30 June Statistics Italian contribution to euro-area monetary aggregates and Summary data on Monetary Financial Institutions resident in Italy Rome
- 30 June Statistics Italy - External debt Rome
- 30 June Publications Statistical Bulletin Rome
- 30 June Statistics Italy - International investment position Rome
- 3 July Publications Survey of Industrial and Service Firms Rome
- 5 July Appointments Governing Council of the ECB: non-monetary policy meeting in Frankfurt Frankfurt
- 7 July Statistics Bank of Italy official reserves Rome