Bank of Italy - home pageVai alla versione italiana Site Search
The Bank in pictures
Virtual guided tour of the Money Museum (only in Italian)
March 2021 - March 2020
- Euro area
Fourth quarter 2020 - Third quarter 2020
- Euro area
date: 22 April 2021
ECB interest rates
As of 16 March 2016
- Main refinancing operations
As national supervisor, the Bank of Italy also provides services directly to the public: it handles complaints, runs the technical secretariats for the Banking and Financial Ombudsman and publishes information on individuals or companies not authorized to carry out banking or financial activities in Italy and other more general notices and communications.
'Online Services for the Public' is the platform that makes it possible to access certain Bank of Italy services via your smartphone, tablet or personal computer. Use this link or go to the section 'Services for the Public' and click on 'Online Services'. You can then select the service you are interested in.
The Bank of Italy has set up a webpage providing information for the public and for financial intermediaries on the implications of the United Kingdom's withdrawal from the European Union.
FinTech is the abbreviation for Financial Technology, namely the application of technology to the delivery of financing, payment, investment and consulting services, which has become a powerful driver of innovation in the financial services market.
The reform of euro money market benchmarks aims to strengthen their integrity and representativeness, both endangered in recent years by some cases of manipulation and by a significant decrease in trade on the unsecured interbank money market.
The Bank's geographical organization consists of Branches located in the regional capitals and in some provincial capitals. The Branches' activities relate to the State treasury service, banking and financial supervision, banknote circulation, payment system and economic analysis and statistical surveys at the local level.
The Bank of Italy shares its knowledge and experience with the central banks and financial authorities of the emerging countries, supplying staff training activities and technical consultancy.
By making its art collection available on its website the Bank of Italy offers the general public the opportunity to view and admire the most important works in its possession. The precious and varied collection has been built up over time through numerous purchases and today it covers a vast time span and many geographical areas.
Economics for everyone is the Bank of Italy's new Financial Education portal. It is now much easier to learn how to manage money and make financial choices.
- 22-23 April G20 2nd Culture Working Group Meeting Video Conference
- 26-27 April G20 2nd Energy Transitions and Climate Sustainability Working Group Meeting Rome
- 28 April G20 2nd Environment Senior Officials' meeting Video Conference
- 29 April G20 2nd Tourism Working Group Meeting Video Conference
- 29 April Statistics Italian contribution to euro-area monetary aggregates and Summary data on Monetary Financial Institutions resident in Italy Rome
- 29 April G20 4th Framework Working Group meeting Video Conference
- 30 April Publications Financial Stability Report Rome
- 30 April Statistics Banks and Financial Institutions: Financing and Funding by Sector and Geographical Area - Monthly Tables Rome
- 30 April Statistics Sectoral balance sheets Rome