Bank of Italy - home pageVai alla versione italiana Site Search
- 31 March 2023 Call for papers: Long-Term Investors@UniTo (LTI@UniTO) and Bank of Italy workshop on 'Long-term investors' trends: theory and practice' The Long-Term Investors@UniTo (LTI@UniTO) initiative and the Bank of Italy are organizing the 4th Research Workshop on Long-term investors trends: theory and practice. The event will take place on June 26th, 2023 at the Collegio Carlo Alberto, Torino...
- 31 March 2023 €-coin down slightly in March The €-coin indicator fell slightly, from -0.05 in February to -0.14 in March. The decline in the indicator is mainly due to the drop in share prices and to the downward revision of euro-area economic activity in the fourth quarter of 2022, published...
- 30 March 2023 The second Annual Report on Sustainable Investments and Climate Risks is published online Today, the Bank of Italy's second Annual report on sustainable investments and climate-related risks is being published. The report analyses the Bank's non-monetary policy portfolios and is divided into four chapters that illustrate the decision-making...
- 29 March 2023 Programme for Strengthening the Central Bank Capacities in the Western Balkans In the framework of its International Technical Cooperation activities, Banca d'Italia will host the training event: 'Monetary policy implementation'. The event, that will take place from 29 to 31 March in Rome, is part of the joint ESCB initiatives...
- 28 March 2023 International Technical Cooperation Newsletter, No. 19 The nineteenth issue of the International Technical Cooperation Newsletter is now available. It is a twice-yearly publication, informing on international technical cooperation at the Bank of Italy.
- 24 March 2023 Project Nexus prototype successfully links Eurosystem, Malaysia and Singapore payments systems Tests have been successfully carried out on the connection of the instant payment systems of the Eurosystem, Malaysia, and Singapore using the Bank for International Settlements Project Nexus model. Banca d'Italia, the Central Bank of Malaysia, and the...
Bank of Italy
- 31 March 2023 Eurocoin indicator: March 2023 pdf 296.4 KB
- 27 March 2023 The first remote laboratory for analysis of elementary Istat data inaugurated at the Bank of Italy pdf 113.5 KB
- 24 March 2023 Assessment of the Countercyclical Capital Buffer (CCyB) rate for the second quarter of 2023 pdf 948.0 KB
- 2 March 2023 Eurocoin indicator: February 2023 pdf 320.9 KB
- 31 March 2023 ECB concludes asset quality reviews of Crelan, Citadele banka, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley pdf 135.4 KB
- 31 March 2023 Decisions taken by the Governing Council of the ECB: March 2023 pdf 126.9 KB
Speeches and Interviews
The Bank in pictures
Video excerpt from speech by Governor Ignazio Visco at the 29th ASSIOM FOREX Congress (only in Italian)
February 2023 - February 2022
- Euro area
Fourth quarter 2022 - Third quarter 2022
- Euro area
date: 31 March 2023
ECB interest rates
As of 22 March 2023
- Main refinancing operations
The regulatory sandbox is a controlled environment where supervised entities and FinTech operators will be able to test, for a limited period of time, technologically innovative products and services in the banking, financial and insurance sectors.
Banking and financial supervision
As national supervisor, the Bank of Italy also provides services directly to the public: it handles complaints, runs the technical secretariats for the Banking and Financial Ombudsman and publishes information on individuals or companies not authorized to carry out banking or financial activities in Italy and other more general notices and communications.
The Bank of Italy, through the activity of granting an authorisation for the exercise of financial activities, carries out supervisory tasks: by allowing access to the market for intermediaries in possession of the requisites envisaged by the law, it pursues the objectives of safeguarding sound and prudent management of intermediaries, overall stability, efficiency and competitiveness of the financial system.
The Bank of Italy's online services
'Online Services for the Public' is the platform that makes it possible to access certain Bank of Italy services via your smartphone, tablet or personal computer. Use this link or go to the section 'Services for the Public' and click on 'Online Services'. You can then select the service you are interested in.
The FinTech Channel is the point of contact through which operators can dialogue easily and informally with the Bank of Italy. They can present projects in the field of financial services and of payments, based on innovative technology, or propose technological solutions designed for banks and financial intermediaries.
The Bank's geographical organization consists of Branches located in the regional capitals and in some provincial capitals. The Branches' activities relate to the State treasury service, banking and financial supervision, banknote circulation, payment system and economic analysis and statistical surveys at the local level.
International Technical cooperation
The Bank of Italy shares its knowledge and experience with the central banks and financial authorities of the emerging countries, supplying staff training activities and technical consultancy.
Bank of Italy's Art Collection
By making its art collection available on its website the Bank of Italy offers the general public the opportunity to view and admire the most important works in its possession. The precious and varied collection has been built up over time through numerous purchases and today it covers a vast time span and many geographical areas.
'Economics for everyone', the Bank of Italy's Financial Education Portal, is online
Economics for everyone is the Bank of Italy's Financial Education portal. It is much easier to learn how to manage money and make financial choices.
- 29-1 March Conferences IARIW - Bank of Italy Conference Naples
- 3 April Statistics Ita-coin Rome
- 6 April Publications Survey on Inflation and Growth Expectations Rome
- 7 April Publications Economic Bulletin Rome
- 7 April Statistics Bank of Italy balance-sheet aggregates Rome
- 7 April Statistics Foreign workers' remittances Rome
- 7 April Statistics Bank of Italy official reserves Rome
- 12 April Publications Banks and Money: national data Rome
- 12 April Publications The Italian economy in brief Rome