Bank of Italy, through its remote execution system REX, allows researchers to perform analysis on data collected for its purposes.
Available databases include:
- Survey of Industrial and Service Firms (since 1984)
- Business Outlook Survey of Industrial and Service Firms (since 1993)
- Survey on Inflation and Growth Expectations (since 1999)
- Italian Housing Market Survey Short-term Outlook (since 2009)
- Survey on cross-border transactions in services by non-financial and insurance firms - Direct Reporting (since 2013)
- Individual Bank Balance Sheets for Statistical Purposes (since 2003)
- Banking Data Ancillary Tables (since 2003).
The system preserves individual data confidentiality. Users perform statistical and econometrical analysis without accessing microdata directly: after an authentication to the portal, the user will submit a job written in one of the supported programming languages and will subsequently download the output.
It is possible to request a merge of data available in REX with other public data owned by the researcher by asking RemoteExecution@bancaditalia.it to define a dedicated dataset. The same email is available for further info and assistance on microdata.
If you have any technical problems accessing the REX application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.