Bank of Italy - home pageVai alla versione italiana Site Search
Speeches and Interviews
The Bank in pictures
A Tribute to Venice - Works from the collection of the Bank of Italy
September 2021 - September 2022
- Euro area
Third quarter 2022 - Second quarter 2022
- Euro area
date: 25 November 2022
ECB interest rates
As of 2 November 2022
- Main refinancing operations
On 19 April 2022, the Council of the European Union issued a Recommendation inviting Member States to put in place national schemes to support the conversion of hryvnia bills for displaced persons from Ukraine.
The regulatory sandbox is a controlled environment where supervised entities and FinTech operators will be able to test, for a limited period of time, technologically innovative products and services in the banking, financial and insurance sectors.
As national supervisor, the Bank of Italy also provides services directly to the public: it handles complaints, runs the technical secretariats for the Banking and Financial Ombudsman and publishes information on individuals or companies not authorized to carry out banking or financial activities in Italy and other more general notices and communications.
'Online Services for the Public' is the platform that makes it possible to access certain Bank of Italy services via your smartphone, tablet or personal computer. Use this link or go to the section 'Services for the Public' and click on 'Online Services'. You can then select the service you are interested in.
The FinTech Channel is the point of contact through which operators can dialogue easily and informally with the Bank of Italy. They can present projects in the field of financial services and of payments, based on innovative technology, or propose technological solutions designed for banks and financial intermediaries.
The Bank's geographical organization consists of Branches located in the regional capitals and in some provincial capitals. The Branches' activities relate to the State treasury service, banking and financial supervision, banknote circulation, payment system and economic analysis and statistical surveys at the local level.
The Bank of Italy shares its knowledge and experience with the central banks and financial authorities of the emerging countries, supplying staff training activities and technical consultancy.
By making its art collection available on its website the Bank of Italy offers the general public the opportunity to view and admire the most important works in its possession. The precious and varied collection has been built up over time through numerous purchases and today it covers a vast time span and many geographical areas.
Economics for everyone is the Bank of Italy's Financial Education portal. It is much easier to learn how to manage money and make financial choices.
- 28 November Statistics Italian contribution to euro-area monetary aggregates and Summary data on Monetary Financial Institutions resident in Italy Rome
- 30 November Appointments Non-monetary policy meeting of the ECB Governing Council Frankfurt
- 30 November Statistics Banks and Financial Institutions: Financing and Funding by Sector and Geographical Area - Monthly Tables Rome
- 1-2 December Conferences 5th Joint Research Conference on Firm Financing, Organization and Dynamics Science Po, Paris
- 2 December Publications Public Finance Statistics in the European Union Rome
- 2 December Statistics Ita-coin Rome
- 5 December Press releases €-coin Rome
- 7 December Statistics Bank of Italy official reserves Rome
- 7 December Statistics Bank of Italy balance-sheet aggregates Rome