Bank of Italy - home pageVai alla versione italiana Site Search
- 23 March 2023 ECB starts disclosing climate impact of portfolios on road to Paris-alignment The European Central Bank (ECB) has today published its first climate-related financial disclosures, which provide information on its portfolios’ carbon footprint and exposure to climate risks, as well as on climate-related governance, strategy and...
- 23 March 2023 Webinar: 'Crypto-assets' ecosystems in the international landscape' Banca d'Italia organizes - in the framework of its International Technical Cooperation activities - the webinar "Crypto-assets' ecosystems in the international landscape". The event will take place on 23 and 24 March 2023. Participation is by invitation...
- 16 March 2023 New releases of Working Papers and Occasional Papers - 16 March 2023 Today the Bank of Italy has released four new Working Papers (nn. 1404-1407) and five new Occasional Papers (nn. 748-752).
- 16 March 2023 Banks' liquidity transformation rate: determinants and impact on lending The Bank of Italy today publishes 'Banks' liquidity transformation rate: determinants and impact on lending', the new issue of the series 'Markets, infrastructures, payment systems'. This paper examines the interaction between the liquidity coverage...
- 9 March 2023 Gender Economics Workshop The Bank of Italy is organising a Gender Economics Workshop on the 23rd of June, 2023. The workshop aims at providing researchers in the field of gender economics an opportunity to present their work and to contribute to the debate about gender gaps in...
- 8 March 2023 8 March 2023 - The Bank of Italy's initiatives to mark International Women's Day In keeping with its commitment to ensuring an equal and inclusive work environment, the Bank of Italy has launched a number of initiatives to celebrate International Women's Day. On 10 March, it will co-host an event with the Italian National Council of...
Bank of Italy
- 2 March 2023 Eurocoin indicator: February 2023 pdf 320.9 KB
- 3 February 2023 Eurocoin indicator: January 2023 pdf 294.9 KB
- 5 January 2023 Eurocoin indicator: December 2022 pdf 468.4 KB
- 16 December 2022 Assessment of the Countercyclical Capital Buffer (CCyB) rate for the first quarter of 2023 pdf 269.9 KB
- 23 March 2023 ECB starts disclosing climate impact of portfolios on road to Paris-alignment pdf 152.0 KB
- 21 March 2023 Consolidated financial statement of the Eurosystem as at 17 March 2023 pdf 241.0 KB
Speeches and Interviews
The Bank in pictures
Video excerpt from speech by Governor Ignazio Visco at the 29th ASSIOM FOREX Congress (only in Italian)
February 2023 - February 2022
- Euro area
Fourth quarter 2022 - Third quarter 2022
- Euro area
date: 22 March 2023
ECB interest rates
As of 22 March 2023
- Main refinancing operations
The regulatory sandbox is a controlled environment where supervised entities and FinTech operators will be able to test, for a limited period of time, technologically innovative products and services in the banking, financial and insurance sectors.
Banking and financial supervision
As national supervisor, the Bank of Italy also provides services directly to the public: it handles complaints, runs the technical secretariats for the Banking and Financial Ombudsman and publishes information on individuals or companies not authorized to carry out banking or financial activities in Italy and other more general notices and communications.
The Bank of Italy, through the activity of granting an authorisation for the exercise of financial activities, carries out supervisory tasks: by allowing access to the market for intermediaries in possession of the requisites envisaged by the law, it pursues the objectives of safeguarding sound and prudent management of intermediaries, overall stability, efficiency and competitiveness of the financial system.
The Bank of Italy's online services
'Online Services for the Public' is the platform that makes it possible to access certain Bank of Italy services via your smartphone, tablet or personal computer. Use this link or go to the section 'Services for the Public' and click on 'Online Services'. You can then select the service you are interested in.
The FinTech Channel is the point of contact through which operators can dialogue easily and informally with the Bank of Italy. They can present projects in the field of financial services and of payments, based on innovative technology, or propose technological solutions designed for banks and financial intermediaries.
The Bank's geographical organization consists of Branches located in the regional capitals and in some provincial capitals. The Branches' activities relate to the State treasury service, banking and financial supervision, banknote circulation, payment system and economic analysis and statistical surveys at the local level.
International Technical cooperation
The Bank of Italy shares its knowledge and experience with the central banks and financial authorities of the emerging countries, supplying staff training activities and technical consultancy.
Bank of Italy's Art Collection
By making its art collection available on its website the Bank of Italy offers the general public the opportunity to view and admire the most important works in its possession. The precious and varied collection has been built up over time through numerous purchases and today it covers a vast time span and many geographical areas.
'Economics for everyone', the Bank of Italy's Financial Education Portal, is online
Economics for everyone is the Bank of Italy's Financial Education portal. It is much easier to learn how to manage money and make financial choices.
- 23-24 March Conferences Conference on ESG and the climate imperative: Regulatory and policy challenges for the banking sector Florence
- 23 March Appointments Governor Visco at International Atlantic Economic Conference Rome
- 24 March Publications The labour market: data and analysis Rome
- 27 March Statistics Italian contribution to euro-area monetary aggregates and Summary data on Monetary Financial Institutions resident in Italy Rome
- 29 March Appointments Non-monetary policy meeting of the ECB Governing Council Frankfurt
- 29-1 March Conferences IARIW - Bank of Italy Conference Naples
- 30 March Publications ECB Economic Bulletin Frankfurt
- 30 March Publications Report on sustainable investments and climate-related risks Rome
- 31 March Publications Banks and Financial Institutions: Financing and Funding by Sector and Geographical Area Rome