Bank of Italy - home pageVai alla versione italiana Site Search
- 1 June 2023 Bank of Italy - Istat workshop on 'The long view: the demographic dividend in the analysis of the Italian economy' - 6 June 2023 The Bank of Italy and the Italian National Institute of Statistics (Istat) have organized the workshop on 'The long view: the demographic dividend in the analysis of the Italian economy'. The workshop will be held on Tuesday 6 June 2023, from 3.00 pm...
- 31 May 2023 €-coin decreases in May €-coin fell further into negative territory in May (to -0.42, from -0.15 in April). This development reflects the decline in industrial production and in the qualitative indicators regarding business activity.
- 30 May 2023 Agreement Bank of Italy - Central Bank of San Marino on cash services Luigi Federico Signorini, Senior Deputy Governor of the Bank of Italy, and Andrea Vivoli, Managing Director of the Central Bank of the Republic of San Marino (CBSM), signed a new Memorandum of Understanding on cash services, as a result of the...
- 26 May 2023 2023 ex-ante Contributions to the Single Resolution Fund - 26 May 2023 With reference to the Single Resolution Fund (SRF) 2023 contribution cycle, the Bank of Italy has started the ex-ante contribution collection process, on the basis of what determined by the Single Resolution Board (SRB).
- 23 May 2023 Compliance with the Guidelines issued by ESMA on CCP recovery plan scenarios and indicators under Regulation (EU) 2021/23 (CCPRRR) As the competent supervisory authorities for Italian central counterparties (CCPs), the Bank of Italy and Consob comply with the 'Guidelines on CCP recovery plan scenarios (Article 9(12) of CCPRRR)' and the 'Guidelines on CCP recovery plan indicators...
- 23 May 2023 Italian Housing Market Survey. Short-term Outlook - 2023 Q1 The Italian Housing Market Survey has been released for the first quarter of 2023. The survey looks at current trends and short-term expectations for the residential real estate market and is conducted by the Bank of Italy together with Tecnoborsa and...
Bank of Italy
- 31 May 2023 Eurocoin indicator: May 2023 pdf275.1 KB
- 4 May 2023 Eurocoin indicator: April 2023 pdf378.5 KB
- 21 April 2023 Regular assessment of risks to financial stability as at 31 December 2022 pdf646.4 KB
- 31 March 2023 Eurocoin indicator: March 2023 pdf296.4 KB
- 1 June 2023 Account of the monetary policy meeting of the Governing Council - ECB pdf271.5 KB
- 31 May 2023 Financial stability outlook remains fragile, ECB review finds pdf101.2 KB
Speeches and Interviews
The Bank in pictures
The Governor's Concluding Remarks for 2022 - Video summary
April 2023 - April 2022
- Euro area
First quarter 2023 - Fourth quarter 2022
- Euro area
date: 2 Jun 2023
ECB interest rates
As of 10 May 2023
- Main refinancing operations
The regulatory sandbox is a controlled environment where supervised entities and FinTech operators will be able to test, for a limited period of time, technologically innovative products and services in the banking, financial and insurance sectors.
Banking and financial supervision
As national supervisor, the Bank of Italy also provides services directly to the public: it handles complaints, runs the technical secretariats for the Banking and Financial Ombudsman and publishes information on individuals or companies not authorized to carry out banking or financial activities in Italy and other more general notices and communications.
The Bank of Italy, through the activity of granting an authorisation for the exercise of financial activities, carries out supervisory tasks: by allowing access to the market for intermediaries in possession of the requisites envisaged by the law, it pursues the objectives of safeguarding sound and prudent management of intermediaries, overall stability, efficiency and competitiveness of the financial system.
The Bank of Italy's online services
'Online Services for the Public' is the platform that makes it possible to access certain Bank of Italy services via your smartphone, tablet or personal computer. Use this link or go to the section 'Services for the Public' and click on 'Online Services'. You can then select the service you are interested in.
The FinTech Channel is the point of contact through which operators can dialogue easily and informally with the Bank of Italy. They can present projects in the field of financial services and of payments, based on innovative technology, or propose technological solutions designed for banks and financial intermediaries.
The Bank's geographical organization consists of Branches located in the regional capitals and in some provincial capitals. The Branches' activities relate to the State treasury service, banking and financial supervision, banknote circulation, payment system and economic analysis and statistical surveys at the local level.
International Technical cooperation
The Bank of Italy shares its knowledge and experience with the central banks and financial authorities of the emerging countries, supplying staff training activities and technical consultancy.
Bank of Italy's Art Collection
By making its art collection available on its website the Bank of Italy offers the general public the opportunity to view and admire the most important works in its possession. The precious and varied collection has been built up over time through numerous purchases and today it covers a vast time span and many geographical areas.
'Economics for everyone', the Bank of Italy's Financial Education Portal, is online
Economics for everyone is the Bank of Italy's Financial Education portal. It is much easier to learn how to manage money and make financial choices.
- 6 June Publications Financial Accounts Rome
- 6 June Conferences Bank of Italy - Istat workshop on 'The long view: the demographic dividend in the analysis of the Italian economy' - 6 June 2023 Rome, Bank of Italy - Centro Convegni 'Carlo Azeglio Ciampi'
- 7 June Statistics Bank of Italy official reserves Rome
- 8 June Statistics Bank of Italy balance-sheet aggregates Rome
- 12 June Publications The Italian economy in brief Rome
- 12 June Publications Banks and Money: national data Rome
- 13 June Publications Public Finance Statistics in the European Union Rome
- 13 June Statistics Italy - International tourism Rome
- 15 June Appointments Monetary policy meeting of the ECB Governing Council Frankfurt