Milano Hub is the innovation centre created by the Banca d'Italia to support the digital evolution of the financial market and encourage the attraction of talent and investments.
Milano Hub engages innovators in a place, physical and virtual, in which the Bank of Italy - while respecting its institutional role - through a series of consulting services, mentorship, and educational components to financial intermediaries, startups, and research centres aims at accelerating the development of projects and at promoting the quality and safety of specific innovations.
Milano Hub supports the development of aligning innovative projects for the benefit of the system.
Milano Hub aims to achieve the following objectives:
- to support the early adoption of digital technologies by the financial market;
- to facilitate the adoption of solutions able to control the different types of risk effectively;
- to strengthen the capacity of intermediaries to respond to the challenges of the digitization.
Support for projects selected in the Hub covers the following areas:
- sector expertise in banking, financial and insurance matters and specific areas (e.g., IT, legal, etc.);
- regulatory in-depth studies;
- organization of seminars, thematic events, conferences with institutions, operators, and research centres.
The Bank of Italy and the Hub will not provide any form of financial assistance or any contribution to the acquisition of goods or services or support the project during the marketing phase.
Presentation of projects
The first time window for the presentation of projects will be open from 27 September to 29 October 2021. The Milano Hub's work programme of this first-time window is structured around a core theme: "The contribution of artificial intelligence in improving the supply of banking, financial and payment services to businesses, households and public administration, with particular regard to profiles of financial inclusion, effective consumer protection and data security." A maximum of 10 projects will be eligible for support from the HUB.
For more information on the Rules and related forms, please refer to the page "Call for proposals - 2021".
For further information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.