Milano Hub is the innovation centre created by the Banca d'Italia to support the digital evolution of the financial market and encourage the attraction of talent and investments.
Milano Hub engages innovators in a place, physical and virtual, in which the Bank of Italy - while respecting its institutional role - through a series of consulting services, mentorship, and educational components to financial intermediaries, startups, and research centres aims at accelerating the development of projects and at promoting the quality and safety of specific innovations.
Milano Hub supports the development of aligning innovative projects for the benefit of the system.
Milano Hub aims to achieve the following objectives:
- to support the early adoption of digital technologies by the financial market;
- to facilitate the adoption of solutions able to control the different types of risk effectively;
- to strengthen the capacity of intermediaries to respond to the challenges of the digitization.
In order to maintain a constant dialague with market operators, Milano Hub works via its 'Call for proposals' relating to different areas of innovation. The projects selected will receive developmental support through:
- the provision of sector expertise in banking, financial and insurance matters and in specific areas (e.g. IT, legal);
- regulatory in-depth studies;
- organization of seminars, events, conferences with representatives from the projects, institutions and the academic world.
The Bank of Italy will not provide any form of financial assistance or any contribution to the acquisition of goods or services or support the projects in terms of promotional initiatives or marketing activities.
Call for proposals 2021 - chronology:
- On 29 October 2021 the time window for the presentation of projects closed (see infographics);
- The list of eligible projects was published on 28 February 2022;
- The support phase started on March 2022 (for more details on the projects see Selected projects - Description)
In the Call for proposals 2021 webpage you can find more details about the rules and related application forms.
For further information on the work of the Hub, please email: email@example.com.