Official rates on Eurosystem operations
The official interest rates on Eurosystem operations are set by the Governing Council of the ECB. These comprise the interest rates on:
- the main refinancing operations,
- the marginal lending facility,
- the deposit facility.
The interest rate on the main refinancing operations signals the monetary policy stance in normal conditions.
The other two rates are on operations that can be conducted at the request of the counterparties. As a rule they provide a ceiling and floor for the overnight interest rates (the corridor).
Interest rates on the minimum reserve
Since 21 December 2022, the minimum reserve earns interest at the average of the deposit facility rate during the maintenance period, weighted according to the number of calendar days (Data on the interest rates on the minimum reserve). Previously, it earned interest at the average of the marginal allotment rate in the main refinancing operations.
- Interest rates concerning minimum reservespdf 261.7 KB Last update May 2023 Publish date::09 May 2023
- Key ECB Interest Ratespdf 25.6 KB effective from 10 May 2023 Publish date::04 May 2023
- Official reference rate (historical series form 1 January 1999 to 31 December 2003)pdf 24.0 KB Publish date::13 April 2007