Between 2007 and 2015, for households only, the Bank of Italy produced a yearly publication on total net wealth. The publication was discontinued in 2015 as Istat released for the first time an annual estimate of the value of the stock of the institutional sectors' non-financial assets. In May 2019, the Bank of Italy and Istat published statistics on the wealth of Italian households and non-financial corporations (see 'The wealth of Italian households and non-financial corporations (discontinued)') and in January 2022 they started publishing annual data for all institutional sectors (see 'The wealth of Italy's institutional sectors').
Household Wealth in Italy (discontinued)Supplements to the Statistical Bullettin - Monetary and Financial IndicatorsVai alla versione italiana Site Search
- Household Wealth in Italy in 2014, No. 69 - 2015 pdf 282.6 KB Data pubblicazione: 16 December 2015
- Household Wealth in Italy in 2013, No. 69 - 2014 pdf 2.6 MB Data pubblicazione: 16 December 2014
- Household Wealth in Italy in 2012, No. 65 - 2013 pdf 2.3 MB Data pubblicazione: 13 December 2013
- Household Wealth in Italy in 2011, No. 65 – 2012 pdf 2.5 MB Data pubblicazione: 13 December 2012
- Household Wealth in Italy in 2010, No. 64 - 2011 pdf 462.6 KB Data pubblicazione: 14 December 2011
Financial Accounts and Balance Sheets
This section contains statistics on Financial accounts, i.e. national accounting statistics that report the financial assets and liabilities of the institutional sectors. In January 2022, the Bank of Italy and Istat started publishing statistics on the wealth of Italy's institutional sectors.
Household Income and Wealth
The Survey on Household Income and Wealth (SHIW) was begun in the 1960s to gather data on the incomes and savings of Italian households. Over the years, the survey has grown in scope and now includes wealth and other aspects of households' economic and financial behaviour, including, for instance, the payment methods employed.