The seminar aims to deepen the participants' knowledge of EU payment systems and market infrastructures from a policy, analytical, operational, and technical point of view, as well as provide an oversight perspective of Banca d’Italia's experience relative to these different aspects.
The following topics will be covered:
- Role of the ESCB in payment and securities settlement systems;
- Large-value payment system TARGET2 and the Securities clearing and settlement system T2S (business and IT);
- The T2-T2S Consolidation project;
- The Eurosystem Collateral Management System (ECMS) project;
- The SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) landscape: interoperability and reachability in European retail payments and Banca d'Italia's retail payment services;
- Eurosystem services in the field of instant payments: BI-COMP and TIPS (business and IT);
- The new challenge of the Central Bank Digital Currency;
- Business relationships with the national banking community, services offered to non-EU Central Banks and International Institutions;
- Recent developments of the regulatory framework, at EU and international level;
- The role of Banca d'Italia in the oversight of systemically important payment systems and retail systems and services.