The Bank of Italy and the European Central Bank will host the third Central Bank Research Association (CEBRA) Workshop for Commodities and Macroeconomics in Rome on September 26‐27, 2019.
The papers selected after a call for papers will cover the following topics:
• Modeling and forecasting commodity prices and quantities.
• The role of different shocks in driving commodity prices.
• Interactions between commodity prices and financial markets.
• Commodity prices and global inflation.
• Impact of commodity price fluctuations on capital flows and exchange rates.
• Monetary or fiscal policy responses to commodity price fluctuations.
• Fiscal budgeting and hedging policies for commodity‐producing countries.
The workshop will feature a keynote by Per Krusell (Stockholm University), who will discuss his work on “The role of economic analysis in combatting climate change”.
For further information, please, send an email to CEBRAcommodities2019@bancaditalia.it