Bank of Italy - home pageVai alla versione italiana Site Search
The Bank of Italy in pictures
Presentation of the 2015 Annual Report - video (only in Italian)
August 2016 - August 2015
- Euro area
First quarter 2016 - Second quarter 2016
- Euro area
date: 26 September 2016
ECB interest rates
As of 16 March 2016
- Main refinancing operations
In this section, the Bank of Italy publishes documents and information relating to the supervisory activity in general and to the supervision of the four banks in "resolution".
In this section the Bank of Italy provides further information on its decisions and actions. In some cases the information is given in response to reports in the press.
All of the Bank of Italy’s Annual Reports are now online from its first financial year in 1894 to date. The first English translation dates from 1923.
In compliance with Ruling 216/2015 of Italy’s Constitutional Court, which declared unlawful the bringing forward of the deadline for terminating the redemption of lira banknotes from 28 February 2012 to 6 December 2011 (Article 6 of Decree Law 201/2011, converted into Law 214/2011), on 22 January 2016, the Bank of Italy began lira-euro exchange operations at its branches.
The Bank's geographical organization consists of Branches located in the regional capitals and in some provincial capitals. The Branches' activities relate to the State treasury service, banking and financial supervision, banknote circulation, payment system and economic analysis and statistical surveys at the local level.
The Bank of Italy shares its knowledge and experience with the central banks and financial authorities of the emerging countries, supplying staff training activities and technical consultancy.
By making its art collection available on its website the Bank of Italy offers the general public the opportunity to view and admire the most important works in its possession. The precious and varied collection has been built up over time through numerous purchases and today it covers a vast time span and many geographical areas.
- 27 September Statistics Italian contribution to euro-area monetary aggregates and Summary data on Monetary Financial Institutions resident in Italy Rome
- 30 September Press releases €-coin: September 2016 Rome
- 30 September Statistics The Statistical Bulletin - Monthly Tables Rome
- 30 September Publications Statistical Bulletin (quarterly) Rome
- 30 September Statistics Italy - International investment position Rome
- 30 September Statistics Italy's international reserves and foreign currency liquidity Rome
- 30 September Statistics Italy - External debt Rome
- 30 September Statistics Ita-coin Rome
- 5 October Appointments Non-monetary policy meeting of the ECB Governing Council Frankfurt