Bank of Italy - home pageVai alla versione italiana Site Search
The Bank of Italy in pictures
The new euro 20 banknote
March 2016 - March 2015
- Euro area
Third quarter 2015 - Fourth quarter 2015
- Euro area
date: 26 May 2016
ECB interest rates
As of 16 March 2016
- Main refinancing operations
In this section, the Bank of Italy publishes documents and information relating to the supervisory activity in general and to the supervision of the four banks in "resolution".
In this section the Bank of Italy provides further information on its decisions and actions. In some cases the information is given in response to reports in the press.
In compliance with Ruling 216/2015 of Italy’s Constitutional Court, which declared unlawful the bringing forward of the deadline for terminating the redemption of lira banknotes from 28 February 2012 to 6 December 2011 (Article 6 of Decree Law 201/2011, converted into Law 214/2011), on 22 January 2016, the Bank of Italy began lira-euro exchange operations at its branches.
The Bank's geographical organization consists of Branches located in the regional capitals and in some provincial capitals. The Branches' activities relate to the State treasury service, banking and financial supervision, banknote circulation, payment system and economic analysis and statistical surveys at the local level.
The Bank of Italy shares its knowledge and experience with the central banks and financial authorities of the emerging countries, supplying staff training activities and technical consultancy.
By making its art collection available on its website the Bank of Italy offers the general public the opportunity to view and admire the most important works in its possession. The precious and varied collection has been built up over time through numerous purchases and today it covers a vast time span and many geographical areas.
- 26-27 May Conferences Workshop "Euro Banknote Production with a Focus on Design and Origination: The Experience of Banca d'Italia" Rome
- 27 May Press releases €-coin: May 2016 Rome
- 31 May Statistics Italian contribution to euro-area monetary aggregates and Summary data on Monetary Financial Institutions resident in Italy Rome
- 31 May Appointments Bank of Italy Annual Report Rome
- 31 May Statistics Italy's international reserves and foreign currency liquidity Rome
- 31 May Statistics The Statistical Bulletin - Monthly Tables Rome
- 31 May Statistics Ita-coin Rome
- 2 June Appointments Monetary policy meeting of the ECB Governing Council Frankfurt
- 6 June Publications Financial Accounts Rome